TOP 5 ALBUMS OF 2015

At the end of December I posted on tumblr a list of my top 5 albums of the year, but totally disregarded the fact that it would make good blog content. To be honest I forgot I had a blog since I hadn't posted on it for so long. Even though this is three months late, I guess it still does make good blog content. At least that's what I'm telling myself. So yeah, back to the post. This is my top 5 albums of 2015. 

NUMBER FIVE- 
At number five is 'Made In The AM' by One Direction. I absolutely love One Direction, the mention of their name literally turns me into a 14 year old fangirl again. When One Direction brought out their first album, that was the type of music I was into. Then my music taste started to move on from the cheesy pop they were producing, but to be honest I still liked it because I always liked One Direction, even going way back to the X-Factor days. So it was really refreshing when they released 'Four' because it was actually music I liked, same with 'Made In The AM'.
My favourite track from the album is- Temporary Fix. 

NUMBER FOUR- 
At number four is 'American Beauty/American Psycho' by Fall Out Boy. I never went through the emo phase as a young teen, I mean don't get me wrong I knew all the words to Sugar We're Going Down but that doesn't count. I'm just going through this emo phase now just more low key, less extreme and at the age of 19 rather than 12. So don't be expecting knee high converse and coloured jeans to be appearing in a favourites post any time soon. Jokes aside, I know not many people rate this album as highly as some of FOB previous stuff but I personally really enjoy it, hence why it's one of my favourite albums of 2015. 
My favourite track is- Fourth Of July. 

NUMBER THREE- 
I'm trying to avoid saying 'at number three' so this doesn't sound too robotic. So in third place on my list is "Blurry Face' by Twenty One Pilots. The first song I listened to off of this album was 'Stressed Out', and at first I was really unsure about what I thought about it because I'd never really heard anything like it. Then I went back and listened to the full album and honestly fell in love. I'm was so pissed off with myself for jumping to conclusions with TOP because I missed out on seeing them in Leeds. After me not liking Stressed Out I now love it and I could be wrong, but isn't it in the charts?
My favourite track is- Ride/Tear In My Heart.

NUMBER TWO-
The super fan with in me really wants to put this at number one, but It actually wasn't my all time favourite album of 2015, but it was really close. Number two is 'Sounds Good Feels Good' by Five Es Oh Es. Im so engulfed with everything 5SOS do, so it was impossible for me not to like their new album. Then again if it was shit I'd be able to admit that at least in my head anyway, but it isn't shit. The album is a lot more serious, not just considering the lyrics but also the actual sound of the album apposed to their last one. The lyrics don't just revolve around girls and relationships, don't get me wrong I love their self titled titled album, but it's so much better hearing them produce the music they want to. I know I don't know them personally to know that, that is what they wanted to sound like but I've read interviews...I've done my research. Im so excited to see them in April on the 11th in Leeds and to hear it all live. 
My favourite track is- Castaway. 

NUMBER ONE-
Halsey is literally like marmite, you either love her or hate her. In in this case I love her. Her debut album 'Badlands' is my number one favourite album of last year, oh my god I've not stopped listening to it since it was released at the end of August. She kept appearing on my Tumblr dashboard and I had no idea who she was, so I googled her, which then lead me to her Spotify. I was a bit sceptical when I first listened to 'Ghost' because that wasn't the type of music I listened to. Then I listened to the rest of the Room 93 EP and it was a revelation. Hurricane soon became my top listened to song. Since then I've been obsessed and I was so excited to hear about the release of her actual album. In fact I stayed up till 12 to listen to it on Spotify, yes I am that sad. Badlands is a concept album and the name "Badlands" is a reference to Halsey's state of mind whilst she wrote the album, it's a physical place as a metaphor for a desolated and lonely mind. I haven't got bored of this album yet and I've been listening to the songs on repeat for a long time now, so this is always a good sign. 
My favourite track is- Roman Holiday/Gasoline. 


I really enjoyed writing this, even if it was a bit late, thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment