19 THINGS I'VE LEARNT BY 19

Once again I'm doing the same blog post as Tom, but this time he unofficially tagged me to do it. (I love his writing so please read his, here)

19 is an odd age, because technically you're an adult, but then you're in what I like to call 'adult purgatory'. This is basically because at 19, you're still classed as too young to be getting married and having kids, and too young for a full on career. In the eyes of society anyway, I say you do whatever you wanna do, minus commit murder. But you're expected to do other adult like things like: live alone, make your own income, buy your own make up wipes etc etc. 

At the age of 19 I feel like leading up to this moment right now, of me lying in my bed at 3:15 writing this post I've learnt a lot. So here's a list of 19 things I've come to learn. 

NUMBER ONE-
One Direction are the best thing to come out of X-Factor. 

NUMBER TWO- 
Depression and anxiety aren't as glamorous as Tumblr makes them out to be. 

NUMBER THREE- 
Instagram feeds look better with one consistent theme. 

NUMBER FOUR- 
Not everyone is going to like you and you need to get over that. 

NUMBER FIVE- 
Tidy your bedroom when it starts to get messy because it's so much easier. 

NUMBER SIX-
Candles are not a good way to spend your money.

NUMBER SEVEN-
There's more important things in your life than just your appearance. This is something I need drilling into my head, even now. 

NUMBER EIGHT- 
Only do geography A level if you don't mind not sleeping due to stress for two years and losing hair, also due to stress.

NUMBER NINE- 
Eyeliner is the best thing in the entire world right next to the ABH contour kit.

NUMBER TEN- 
Evan Peters is never going to marry me or you, he's marrying Emma Roberts and we all need to get over it, or she'll break our noses as well. 

NUMBER ELEVEN- 
Learn to spell for god's sake or you'll end up like me and be dependant on autocorrect.

NUMBER TWELVE- 
Absinthe is not your friend, but vodka is. 

NUMBER THIRTEEN- 
Disconnected is such an underrated 5SOS song and it way deserves more attention than Don't Stop. 

NUMBER FOURTEEN- 
Watching continuous hours of ThatcherJoe is not a productive way to spend your day. 

NUMBER FIFTEEN- 
Don't trust someone who uses these emojis seriously '🔥💦👌' when commenting on your photo, or during a conversation. 

NUMBER SIXTEEN-
Dogs are amazing animals and we we don't deserve them. 

NUMBER SEVENTEEN- 
Don't take your mum, or either of your parents for granted. 

NUMBER EIGHTEEN-
The internet is an amazing thing, but so is face to face interaction and the outdoors. So don't become consumed by phone/laptop/what ever other devices are out there and isolate yourself. 

NUMBER NINETEEN-
The world is full of insecure people who will try ruin your happiness. Some of them will do it so slyly (I have no idea if that's a word) that you won't even notice it. But when you do, and you will come to your senses, show them the fucking door. 


No comments:

Post a Comment